turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My security code to activate my 2019 software does not work

please email it too me i been playing with this crap for 40 min this is the worst

never mind i think i found it

my security code for 2020 software does not work.

@ rogercavenaile wrote:

my security code for 2020 software does not work.

I presume you mean the license activation code.  What are you trying to do?  There are a couple of things that can require the activation code.  Are you trying to retrieve the installation file from your Online account and it's asking for the code?   Or are you at the end of the desktop software installation process, and it's asking for your license activation code?

Please describe your issue more.   What and where is the roadblock, and is there any error message?

Also see this:

FAQ:  My license activation code doesn't work.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/00/871966

I purchased the CD at Costco.

-My license on the CD Wallet is 16 characters long and the CD based software only allows me to input 14 characters.

-I tried downloading the online version but it never seemed to complete.

-It seemed to accept the 16 character license but I noticed after I hit enter that the final letter was changed to lower case.

-I tried to put in the product key to download again but was given a message that the product key is already in use by someone else.

Email reply is fine and I will check my email tomorrow after church about 2:00 PM US CDT.

My email is [email address removed]

mY username is [PII removed]

@jgatewood76 wrote:

I purchased the CD at Costco.

-My license on the CD Wallet is 16 characters long and the CD based software only allows me to input 14 characters.

-I tried downloading the online version but it never seemed to complete.

-It seemed to accept the 16 character license but I noticed after I hit enter that the final letter was changed to lower case.

-I tried to put in the product key to download again but was given a message that the product key is already in use by someone else.

Email reply is fine and I will check my email tomorrow after church about 2:00 PM US CDT.

My email is [email address removed]

This is a public Internet forum.  You should not post any personal info in this user community forum.  TurboTax Support will not email you, but no telling who else could potentially try to spam/scam you.  However, it looks like the forum privacy filter removed some of your info for your protection.

The 2019 license was 14 characters long, but the 2020 license is 16 characters.   If your CD only accepted 14 characters, that makes me wonder if it was 2019 software product by mistake.

As for getting the download, I don't know why it changed the last letter of your license code to lower case, but the license code is not case-sensitive, so it shouldn't matter.

I don't think your situation can be resolved in this public user community forum, especially if it ends up needing a new license code, which cannot be provided in this forum.  It's likely you'll need to be questioned more about what all you are doing and experiencing.   You can phone the folks at TurboTax Support for realtime assistance.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies