md0583216853

My return was rejected. I refiled a few times and It got rejected again each time after only 5 minutes. What's my next move?

The reason given for the rejection is that one of the dependent's last name or SS number doesn't match with the information in the IRS records. I checked it all and every seems all right. So I followed the turbotax instructions step by step and still each time I e file it gets rejected only after 5 minutes. What does this mean? 

Rachel_W

I recommend verifying that each of your dependent's last name and social security number is listed on your Tax Return exactly as it appears on your actual social security.  I suggest locating the actual social security card, not looking at a previous tax return or other documents to verify.

If a dependent has two last names or two middle names, that could be causing the issue.  

If there are two last names, use the "first" last name, then leave a space and include the last name.

If there are two middle names, use the "second" middle name as the last name, then leave a space and include the last name.  

Also be sure to include any suffix to the last name like Jr, Sr, III, etc.

Please comment below if you are unable to resolve the problem so I can assist you further.

Rachel_W

md0583216853

I tried your advise but I am still not able to resolve the problem.
Rachel_W

Are there two middle or two last names involved?
md0583216853

I'm still unable to resolve the problem.
md0583216853

Yes. There are two middle names. But I tried placing the second one as the last name, it didn't help  
Rachel_W

Without entering the actual names, can you give me the format of how their name reads on the Social Security Card? For example John Jacob Jimmy Robinson.