Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

Just resubmitted at 9:20 PST today.  Got Fed acceptance email at 9:39 a.m.  Cool!  I had gotten my rejection notice on Feb 26 and did not change anything, choosing to just wait until March 5.   Now I will file State.  Thank you to all the posters who shared information (and apprehension).  I will stay with TT, but really hope that they are more open and responsive about problems in the future.

My return was rejected due to FED_Taxable_Inherited_IRA but I did not inherit an IRA.

Congratulations!!

Waiting anxiously for my Federal acceptance email--TT said it could take up to 48 hours!

This morning I opened my previously rejected Tax Return.  Selected the option to review it, and got the same message from TTax about them working on the problem and fix due by March 5th.

Based upon what I've read in this thread, I went ahead and entered my address into form 8606 (which apparently isn't required here), and then I went ahead and re-submitted.  Hopefully it will work this time.

I agree that this could have been handled far better by TurboTax.  They SHOULD have immediately admitted  that there was an error related to Tax returns using Form 8606, and then they should have a process to notify people when it was resolved.   

They could also have provided this information in this forum, which I don't think was ever done - although I could have missed that in the 100's of messages.

I hope yours goes through this time! I agree with your comments re TT; hopefully they monitor this forum and will be more transparent/proactive for future software issues...

Thank you very much for your expert help.  You understood  my problem,  knew what was the likely cause, and led the 80 year old geezer step-by-step through the likely fix.  I fully expect my "rejection slip" to be rescinded.  very much appreciated.  Alan

charclay

I also had the same Reject code as noted above with similar items in filling such as:

a. I also under paid on my estimated tax but I think the issue you had must have been resolved as it let me continue and charged me a penalty for the under payment.

b.  I did have three 1099Rs a Recharacterization, early withdrawal and backdoor.

Today the 5th no longer show the notice that this problem will be corrected so I decided to refile.   I had a Turbtax rep on the phone as I did. This was the first time I had to resubmit the verification data of my ID to sign the return.  This led me to believe the fix was resolved.  The representative knew of the issue but could not contact anyone on the phone to confirm if it has been fixed. I chickened out and did not refile yet hoping to hear confirmation before I do.  Sorry this is no help just venting.

Thanks for all the posts. These were very helpful since TT didn't say anything. I had the same problem as most and just resubmitted today after the TT update. Submitted at 1:53 pm and was accepted by Federal at 2:09 pm. 16 minutes - not bad. 

Federal return accepted!

I am using online Premier.

Did not delete or change any forms. Used the Fix My Return button, did a quick review and filed about 10:30 CST.

Federal acceptance came back in about 40 minutes.

Still awaiting State acceptance but am optimistic. Software appears to be corrected. 

Refiled my yesterday immediately following downloading the latest update and it was accepted.

Refiled my taxes online using turbotax deluxe. Changed nothing, got accepted less than an hour later

And just received notice my State return has been accepted. Hallelujah. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I am grateful I stumbled upon it. Your help and moral support got me through this tax season. 

My returns were finally accepted as well.  The forms are exactly the same as they were before when the submission rejections occurred.  Looks like the problem is fixed.

I had the same issue, inherited IRA error message when I had none and had checked the box that it was not inherited.  Like others, I had a 1099-R and 8606.  After the encouraging feedback today of people who could submit, I decided to see what my TT Premier Online Site said.  It had the button to re-submit for the error from March 1's rejection.  When I clicked on it it said the issue was fixed and I needed to upgrade and re-submit.  There was nowhere to upgrade, so I am guessing this is a generic statement to apply for all customers including those who bought the CD version - though that too is great at upgrading.  I went ahead and submitted at about 5 pm CT March 5 without changing anything.  This time, there were no issues and I got confirmation that my Federal have been accepted and I am waiting on State which normally takes another business day or two.  Best wishes to all of you and thanks for sharing so I knew I was not alone!

adi-makhija
Returning Member

I got the same error and I have done Roth conversions as well as 401k rollover. I thought it was happening due to the roll over as that's the only new thing this year. I get the same message about March 5th. Did anyone try again today? I'll try and submit my returns tomorrow and see what happens. 

Go ahead and resubmit. It has gone through successfully for all of us who have posted here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies