Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return keeps getting rejected due to code F2441-524. It says I have an SSN or birthdate wrong for one of my dependents, but I have checked 25 times. Any suggestions?

The IRS has rejected this return because the Qualifying Person's Social Security Number and last name do not match the IRS data base as received from the Social Security Administration. Review the following: 1. Verify the qualifying child's Social Security Number (SSN) matches his or her Social Security Card. 2. Verify there are no misspellings or transpositions in the last name, SSN, and year of birth and that the middle initial and suffix has been entered in their designated field(s). 3. If the qualifying person's last name changed (e.g., divorce, adoption) and the taxpayer notified the Social Security Administration (SSA), call the SSA at (xxx) xxx-xxxx to verify the qualifying person's SSN and last name on file. OR If the taxpayer did not notify the SSA of the child's name change, notify the SSA of the qualifying child's new name change, wait three weeks, then re-file the return.Correct SSA records will prevent the same rejection next year.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

My return keeps getting rejected due to code F2441-524. It says I have an SSN or birthdate wrong for one of my dependents, but I have checked 25 times. Any suggestions?

You should contact the Social Security Administration to verify what is on file.  If the rejection persists, you will need to print and mail in your returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CyndiLouC

I too have this error - it appears as though it is a snag with Turbo Tax as last years' return was accepted (and completed on turbo tax).  How can I get live help from TurboTax on this?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In order to speak with a live agent, please follow the instructions here. @CyndiLouC

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies