Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Refund Changed Miraculously!

So, I filled out my information on TurboTax as soon as I received my W2 from work, that would have been late January probably.  I was excited about it because it was the first year that I didn't have any income from side jobs.  My Refund was terrible, If I remember right it was only around 30.00 for Federal.  I hadn't submitted it yet, now this morning I'm entering in my piddly interest income from the bank, and I notice that my Federal Return is over 500.00???  Did something change somewhere?  Been using TurboTax for years, and never seen this.  Did I just start too soon?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

It's possible there were forms that still needed to be updated if you started in late January. It's impossible to guess.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It was me...  I had two W2 from my employer this past year because I had temporarily taken on some other duties.  I had both of them in there early this year, then this morning there was only the main one.  So sorry. 

Wonder how one W2 got deleted?   Be sure they are both in your return before you file.

Well, I did experiment a touch by taking out that one just to see what my return would have been without it, it was smaller amounts, so hardly any taxes coming out, it's possible that I didn't put it back in.  Also, when I just put it back in yesterday, I got a warning that I had duplicate W2 from one employer and it was asking me to choose which one to delete or keep both.  I don't remember that happening before, so maybe I missed it.  In the end, it was me, not the program.  Love TurboTax, been using it for years.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies