turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pettee75

My partner owes child support arrears but he has been paying consistently for a year. Will he still get his tax return or will they take it

My partner and I aren't married but he has a kid and he has been paying the current and arrears child support for a year so will they take all of his return or will he get some of his tax return
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My partner owes child support arrears but he has been paying consistently for a year. Will he still get his tax return or will they take it

If he still owed delinquent child support his refund can be used to offset the past due support.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes they'll still take the money the same things happen to me that he will get his refund after about 31 days 21 to 31 and then you won't see the money until another 31 to 50 days

In the top it off they don't give it all to you at once they'll give it to you in payments 900 a month

They will take what is in arrears.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies