My partner is 55 and disabled. can I claim him on my taxes?

unmarried domestic partners. one is disabled and only receives nontaxable social security disability. other domestic partner works. worker has claimed the disabled partner in the past on professional tax software. filed as head of household. it does not seem to work on Turbo Tax this year. is this tax law update change or software bug?

You cannot claim HOH, as dependent is not related to you.

always used professional tax software. first time with unprofessional software. 13 year relationship and the professional made 13 years of mistakes? I'm asking for clarification if this is a(nother) change for 2018.  this is answer without any reasoning.

You can claim you partner as a dependent, but you would not be eligible for Head of Household. A domestic partner does not qualify as a "qualifying relative" to obtain head of household status.

You cannot claim HOH, but if you provided more than half the disabled partner's expenses, then you may claim him as a dependent.  If the other domestic partner has contributed to the disabled one's expenses, you might not meet the 50% requirement.

This is incorrect. The partner is eligible to be a dependent.