My oldest daughter turned 18 this year and also wo...

My oldest daughter turned 18 this year and also worked, but did not make enough to support her and her daughter. I paid most of there living expenses. Can I claim her as a dependent and what would we

If your daughter was under the age of 19 (nineteen) on Dec 31 of the tax year and did not provide more than 50% of her own support, then it doesn't matter if she earned a million dollars. She is still your dependent.

If applicable, your daughter will file her own tax return and she *MUST* select the option for "I can be claimed on someone else's tax return". It does not matter if you actually claim her as your dependent or not either. If she "QUALIFIES" as your dependent, then she must select that she can be claimed on another tax return weather she is actually claimed or not.

Now, if you as a parent are divorced or separated from her father, that "COULD" change things. So if applicable you'll need to provide pertinent information about that.