ejshorb

My name is listed first on my return instead of my husband. How can I get his name first on the return, as it has always been before? I hope I don't have to start over.

nyinyeb

To change the order of the names on your return, follow these steps:

• Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
  • Click on Orange box “Take me to my return
  • Click on Personal Info tab.
  • On Personal info summary page, Click on Edit next to name of the first person listed.
  • Enter correct primary filer info & continue. (Replace ALL of your information with your husband's. This includes: name, date of birth, social security number, etc)
  • After returning to Personal info summary page, Click on Edit next to the name listed second & change to second filer info. ( Replace ALL of your spouse's information with yours)
  • You also need to make sure that the W2 information is associated with the correct person as well as any other documents/forms/worksheets included in your return.

nyinyeb

• Click on Personal Info tab.