ursus926

My mother fraudulently claimed me as a dependant and im looking to find out what i should do

My mother admitted to me she had claimed me on her taxes and promised compensation for the mistake but i never received any kind of compensation for it i believe i deserve my dues and im not sure how i go about combating the ruling of my rejected tax return

If your efile rejected because she claimed you then you can print and mail your return.  The IRS will investigate and determine who is able to claim you.  lt will take a while.  They will send you both letters.  

macuser_22

@ursus926 wrote:

Why do you think that?   If you are under age 19 or under age 24 and a full time student then a parent probable CAN claim claim you.    If the parent CAN claim then you cannot claim yourself whether the parent actually claims you or not.