kasiviswanath-p

My ITIN renewal application is rejected since i have not attached tx documents, how do i proceed ?

RayW7

If your application for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) was rejected, you may not be eligible for an ITIN. Your documents may be invalid or they may not have received a reply when the IRS asked for more information.

What you should do:

• Read your notice to see why we rejected your application or revoked your ITIN.
  • Make sure you don't qualify for a Social Security number (SSN) and you qualify for an ITIN.
  • Make sure your documents are correct.
  • Send us the information we've requested.
  • Send the IRS a new application. Fill it out completely. Answer all the questions. Attach the correct documents. Attach copies of your tax return and paperwork to it.

You may want to:

-follow this link for additional information-

Understanding Your CP567 Notice | Internal Revenue Service

kasiviswanath-p

Thanks for for the reply.

Reason : you didn't include a completed and signed US. Federal income return with your application.

I am kind of confused how to renew and file taxes for 2020 year

Came to know I have to mail tax documents and w7 again but then I cant use TurboTax app right ?

Do I have to go to H&R Block since they have authorized agents who takes care w7 and taxes?

BillM223

Here are some choices:

The easiest way is to use TurboTax (if you are allowed to file a 1040) to create the return, then take it to a Taxpayer Assistance Center with a W-7. The W-7 applies for the ITIN, which is normally filed with your 1040.

If you can show a person your documentation (passport, etc.) then you avoid having to mail your documents and not having them for some weeks or months.

This can also be done by visiting a CAA (Certifying Acceptance Agent) who can "witness" your documents. Note that some CAAs may want to do your tax return as well as accept your W-7 - you will have to ask. Yes, some H&R Block locations have a CAA, but you have to call and ask.

Please also see these links for more information:

Please see this TurboTax page on the W-7.

Also, please see How do I file with a W-7?

zhifen

Hi,

Did your documents for clarification identify return to you with noticement in mail?