Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

reinders

My information is not being uploaded from Fidelity for 2020?

My information is being uploaded from Fidelity, but the values are not being accepted by Turbo Tax.  The form says needs review.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

After any import...some forms definitely need to be "edited" to enter missing information that does not come with the import.  Just "edit" any one that needs Review and go thru the Q&A that follows.

1)  Any 1099-INT with box 8 $$ in it must be edited to answer the question about what state the $$ in box 8 came from.  (Selecting "Multiple States" from the end of the list in the top screen is easiest......but sometimes a state reduction in taxes is possible if your break out your state's $$)

2) Any 1099-DIV with box 11 $$ in it must be edited to answer the question about what state the $$ in box 11 came from.  (Selecting "Multiple States" from the end of the list in the top screen is easiest......but sometimes a state reduction in taxes is possible if your break out your state's $$)

3)  IF you had some sales of any stocks, bonds or mutual funds on a 1099-B/8949.....sometimes the Cost basis for those shares did not come along with the data import...because Fidelity may not have that information  (usually it would have to be be for something held for more than ~10 years...called "Non-covered")

4) maybe others types too if you had any imported

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

IF you did have any 1099-INT with box 8 $$ , or any 1099-DIV with any box 11 $$.......teh following shows how you could deal with them

1099-DIV_TaxExempt_State_1a_Online.png

1099-DIV_TaxExempt_State_1b_Online.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies