Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My income varies quarter to quarter. I fill out form 2210 and Schedule AI during the year to determine my quarterly tax payments. Can TurboTax do this for me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

My income varies quarter to quarter. I fill out form 2210 and Schedule AI during the year to determine my quarterly tax payments. Can TurboTax do this for me?

No. TurboTax is an end-of-year program and so it works with full-year totals or estimates for the full-year.  For example, in the "Other Tax Situations" section you can use the "Estimate Taxes" topic to estimate your taxes for the next year and create vouchers for the quarterly payments.  However, the result will be generally four equal installment amounts for the total year's taxes.  

However, another Intuit product, Quickbooks, does work quarterly tax estimates during the tax year.  Here is a link with more details. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

No. TurboTax is an end-of-year program and so it works with full-year totals or estimates for the full-year.  For example, in the "Other Tax Situations" section you can use the "Estimate Taxes" topic to estimate your taxes for the next year and create vouchers for the quarterly payments.  However, the result will be generally four equal installment amounts for the total year's taxes.  

However, another Intuit product, Quickbooks, does work quarterly tax estimates during the tax year.  Here is a link with more details. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your answer. I’ve been doing it myself manually with a pencil, and I was attempting to make a spreadsheet to help me, but your suggestion of QuickBooks is the solution. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. It is really appreciated.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies