tcairns3

My IL state tax changed from 950 to 1062 after changing the dependent claim on federal, which has no bearing on state. Any ideas why?

Information flows from the federal return to the state return.. Why do you think changing the information about a dependent on your federal return could not affect your state return?

tcairns3

My ex gets to claim our child this year only for the child tax credit on federal. I still get the EIC. IL state does not have a child tax credit, but they do have EIC. Nothing should have changed on my IL state. The dependant status is only used for federal. I did not have this issue two years ago. When I plug the info onto other programs, it shows the same tax amount as it did on TurboTax before I changed the federal. 

MaryK1101

You will have to go back to the state section and go through the first part again to get the correct credits.

@tcairns3