My husband worked part of the year for a company a...

mariadela11

My husband worked part of the year for a company and the second half of the year he work part time only as and Uber and lyft driver does that mean he needs w2 and 1099

tygrtchr

Yes.

If you use online TurboTax you will need to use the Self-Employed version; if you use desktop software, you could use Deluxe or higher, since all of the desktop software versions have the forms and schedules needed.  Your spouse will need to complete schedule C for his business expenses (mileage, etc.).

Tax Tips for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar and other Car Sharing Drivers FAQ

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Self-Employment-Taxes/Tax-Tips-for-Uber--Lyft--Sideca...