Solved: My husband is in the process of legalizing his status, he has an ITIN number but no income for last year, how do I file? Jointly, separate??

My husband is in the process of legalizing his status, he has an ITIN number but no income for last year, how do I file? Jointly, separate??

If you are legally married and living together then you can only file as Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately.  You would want to file as MFJ even if one spouse has little or no income.  You receive the highest standard deduction of $12,700 and you each receive a personal exemption of $4,050