snowbear70

My husband & I receive Social Security and I receive IPERS, do we still have to file? So far we don't receive a return or pay in.... so not sure if we even have to file?

I don't want to end up getting in trouble for filing, but if we don't have to, I don't see the point in it. Thanks in advance.
AmyC

The IRS has an interactive tool to help you determine if you are required to file or if you should for other reasons. Please click on this blue link and go through the quick questions to be sure that your entire situation is correctly answered.