gzip

My Form 1098 has an amount in Box 4. In TurboTax Premier Web, there is no field for Box 4. How do I enter that amount?

KrisD

You'll need to look at your 2017 tax return. 

If the home mortgage interest was used as a deduction on your 2017 return (Schedule A) you need to reort the refunded interest as income on your 2018 tax. 

• Select Federal Taxes
  • Wages & Income
  • Scroll to Less Common Income
  • Select Miscellaneous Income (last item), start
  • Then select Reimbursed deductions from a prior year

"It is a refund (or credit) for overpayment(s) of interest you made in a prior year or years. If you itemized deductions in the year(s) you paid the interest, you may have to include part or all of the box 4 amount on the “Other income” line of your 2019 Schedule 1 (Form 1040). No adjustment to your prior year(s) tax return(s) is necessary. For more information, see Pub. 936 and Itemized Deduction Recoveries in Pub. 525."