Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

FD13
Level 2

My federal tax return was rejected with this code: ScheduleA_Medical_Expenses_Hold_Rule. We had a lot of medical expenses in 2020. How do I fix this?

As mentioned in the last Post and my direct experience as of 6pm today......with the 04/15/2021 Update my Federal Taxes have changed by $100+. So, some calculations have changed as of today.  What changed?

Again TurboTax Experts, we all need to understand:

1) What is going on in general with release timing and the Bugs & changes to be fixed on each date?

2) What was updated on 04/15/2021?

3) When we can expect a successful filing with all changes and bugs fixed?

4) Do the TurboTax Experts have access to the developers and designers or are you just giving us intelligent estimates of what might happen?

Please do some research before responding and Thank You for your efforts in these Trying times.

Jfkenna
Returning Member

My federal tax return was rejected with this code: ScheduleA_Medical_Expenses_Hold_Rule. We had a lot of medical expenses in 2020. How do I fix this?

Great questions! No response?  I’m in Texas and only heard of the 4/16 date to refile.  Still being rejected. 

tw986

Just want to reply to everyone who posted under this discussion in general. I had the same issue when I initially filed my tax return on 4/14, rejected, same message about medical expenses schedule A, stated to update then fix errors if prompted on or after 4/16. Turbo Tax prompted me to update on 4/15, did not really see an error message or any prompt in Turbo Tax program to fix any error. 

However, I did the following before refile my tax return, also called Turbo Tax support, shared screen to go over the rejected message.

I added descriptions and amount of medical expenses in  medical expense worksheet under forms, it’s a form located below Schedule A then click on the “+” sign to add supporting details.

Refiled my returns, got accepted messages in less than 30 min, so hope this helps if you have similar issues.

Jfkenna
Returning Member

It’s odd - right after I got your reply I tried again and my error changed to incorrect tax ID for  employer.  I checked and it was wrong - I fixed it and my Tax Return has been accepted this morning.  So I’m not sure what the Medical error first but it’s not an issue now. 

FD13
Level 2

I was finally able to e-File with Acceptance of Federal & State last night.

Do not know why, or what was changed, but the 4/15/21 update seemed to fix my e-Filing issues. 

Calculations were changed and my Federal Taxes did go up a by $100+.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies