ash331

My federal return was accepted by the IRS, but never processed. Now I am getting a message on their website saying I am not getting it and I owe $25 now.

How much was the refund suppose to be?  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payments or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts. Do you have an amount on line 30? And you had to report the right amount in each box. If you put the total in 1 box it would give you the other amount again. 

If the IRS says you owe them $25, then your tax return (filing) has been processed. 

Other possible reasons are that you made a typing mistake error, forgot to claim some income, or have an offset for a debt.  The IRS send you a letter; they do not notify TT.