Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal return keeps getting rejected due to incorrect IP Pin # on my dependent, but it's correct even after rechecking several times and resubmitting.

I keep getting a rejection that says my qualified dependents IP Pin # is incorrect, but I've checked it several times against the official IRS CP01a letter and it matches exactly, why does it keep getting rejected?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

My federal return keeps getting rejected due to incorrect IP Pin # on my dependent, but it's correct even after rechecking several times and resubmitting.

Please click the link to get instructions on how to file by mail -  Print and mail return in TurboTax Online

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Is the Ip Pin for this year and not last year?

Yes the IP Pin is for the year 2017
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

If it keeps on getting rejected and you have verified ALL the information regarding your dependent is correct and matches exactly then you will have to print and mail your return if you want to claim the dependent.

Ok thank you
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Please click the link to get instructions on how to file by mail -  Print and mail return in TurboTax Online

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies