My extension/payment rejected 2 hours after the filing deadline going through TurboTax. Will I still be liable for late fee and will my extension be allowed by mail?

I have already filed a request for extension and paid my taxes paid my liability estimate through IRS.Gov and next time will do that instead of using Turbo Tax.  I want to know If I submit the 4868 with the email evidence of the rejection after deadline and the payment made as soon as discovered.  
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AmyC

The IRS allows 5 days to fix rejections so you can safely mail your extension with a postmark now or try again to e-file. Paying at the IRS website was smart.

Thanks Amy!