Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kjsaffell

My employer's ID number is not being accepted despite my having taken a pic of the W2 and checked it multiple times. Can anyone help me?

I even manually entered in the state initials. Still not 14 letters.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My employer's ID number is not being accepted despite my having taken a pic of the W2 and checked it multiple times. Can anyone help me?

If snapping a photo of your W-2 is not going well, forget about entering it that way, and just key it in by hand yourself, box by box, carefully, to get it right.   The time you will spend fighting the technology is not worth it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kjsaffell

But it's still only 13 letters.

@kjsaffell wrote:

But it's still only 13 letters.

An employer Tax Identification Number can only be 9 numbers, in the format xx-xxxxxxx.  No more, no less.

kjsaffell

It keeps asking me for 14, and the number itself is 11.

@kjsaffell wrote:

It keeps asking me for 14, and the number itself is 11.

Delete the W-2 and re-enter manually.  The imported photo is not being accepted properly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies