Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My efile was rejected due to Code 8960_Hold. it doesn't tell me what this is or what to update in my filing in turbo tax

This is total BS!!!  I just spent 2 hrs proofing my return and 2017's return to find NOTHING WRONG!!!  And only after reading someone else's question did I search under the hold code to find Turbo Tax needs to do a software update!!!  How about Intuit paying for my time wasted proofing something that could have been explained with a simple note on your website!!!  I plan to complain to a live person tomorrow!!!  NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!

My efile was rejected due to Code 8960_Hold. it doesn't tell me what this is or what to update in my filing in turbo tax

How will we know when the update has gone through? I’m on the other side of the world right now...
mike61

Just had the same experience.  Fed return was rejected w/ code 8960_hold and all state returns were rejected because the fed wasn't accepted.  Turbotax needs to get in front of this problem and do a better job communicating with its customers.

So you had a bug and didnt even say so in your GUI? You made us all hunt for this instead? Very dissappointed in you TurboTax/Intuit.

Agree with the above- how hard would it be to include a message indicating this is a bug.

This is highly unprofessional. Your alert gave absolutely no information on the problem and you have us searching our returns for an error that doesn't exist. I am not sure why this alert was not placed on the actual website. We are paying to use your product. There is no reason why returns are being rejected because of a problem with TurboTax's software. I expect some partial refund. This is ridiculous.

Will we need to re-file? Will we receive some sort of notice letting us know when this has been fixed? This is really frustrating.
DB5

A partial refund should be forthcoming for the filing fees we paid.  Why isn't there more information on the turbotax program about what this issue is?  Both of my returns (federal and state) were rejected.

Does anyone know if this is fixed and we can refile it now?
jqkamerud

From Intuit: "Your tax return has been rejected pending a product update expected to be released tomorrow March 28th. Please check again tomorrow for updates and submit your return."

Check for updates where? I don't want to refile until I know the problem has been fixed.

Thanks for telling us that the problem was that the IRS rejected it when in fact it was never sent. Nice job communicating to your users.

Will the new resolution be posted here?
kad158

Same issue, where do we check if the update actually went through successfully?

Will we have to pay again to refile?  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies