Solved: My daughter worked partime this year but did not pay half of her living expenses I'm still filling as a dependent so how do I file her W=2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter worked partime this year but did not pay half of her living expenses I'm still filling as a dependent so how do I file her W=2

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9

My daughter worked partime this year but did not pay half of her living expenses I'm still filling as a dependent so how do I file her W=2

Since you claim your daughter as your dependent, she would have file her own tax return (and indicate there that she is being claimed by someone else) if her W-2 income is more than $6300. Otherwise, she is not required to file.  She may want to file if she had any withholding (box 2) - just to get it back.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 9

Since you claim your daughter as your dependent, she would have file her own tax return (and indicate there that she is being claimed by someone else) if her W-2 income is more than $6300. Otherwise, she is not required to file.  She may want to file if she had any withholding (box 2) - just to get it back.

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings