Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My control number of my academic institution isnt accepted by TurboTax, what should I do ?

Control number 17991
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

My control number of my academic institution isnt accepted by TurboTax, what should I do ?

You don't need to enter the control number from a 1098-T.   You need to enter the Federal Payer's ID or Employer ID from the form.   It is 9 digits, formatted as XX-XXXXXXX.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was a full-time university student in the United States working on hourly wages on Campus with W2 from University from Jan 1, 2022, until Dec 25, 2022.

Can I file my taxes with Turbo Tax?

The control number of my academic institution as provided on W2 isn't accepted by TurboTax, what should I do ?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

If TurboTax doesn’t accept your control number, it just means you cannot import your W-2 info.

You can upload a digital copy of your W-2, snap a picture or type it in yourself.

•  Type w-2 in Search (magnifying glass) in the upper right
  • Select Jump to W-2 to add your W-2.

To upload a W2 see How do I import or enter my W-2 in TurboTax Online?

If you are on an F-1 visa, you may have to file a nonresident return. TurboTax does not support Form 1040-NR. TurboTax partner Sprintax.com can handle your taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies