pdf4424

My company was bought by another company and i got 2 seperate W2 forms. How should i enter the info as it appears the first W2 is included in the second W2.

if i enter both W2's my income is inflated and not correct

KarenL2

You will need to contact your employer and have them send a Corrected W-2 to the IRS and you.  Whether or not you should have two W-2s depends on the details of the purchase agreement between the companies.   However, if some of the same information is duplicated on both W-2s, then the IRS has that information also and will expect it all to be reported.  That, obviously, wouldn't be correct.

KarenL2