• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdf4424

My company was bought by another company and i got 2 seperate W2 forms. How should i enter the info as it appears the first W2 is included in the second W2.

if i enter both W2's my income is inflated and not correct

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenL2
Level 5

My company was bought by another company and i got 2 seperate W2 forms. How should i enter the info as it appears the first W2 is included in the second W2.

You will need to contact your employer and have them send a Corrected W-2 to the IRS and you.  Whether or not you should have two W-2s depends on the details of the purchase agreement between the companies.   However, if some of the same information is duplicated on both W-2s, then the IRS has that information also and will expect it all to be reported.  That, obviously, wouldn't be correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenL2
Level 5

You will need to contact your employer and have them send a Corrected W-2 to the IRS and you.  Whether or not you should have two W-2s depends on the details of the purchase agreement between the companies.   However, if some of the same information is duplicated on both W-2s, then the IRS has that information also and will expect it all to be reported.  That, obviously, wouldn't be correct.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v