deverett

My 24 year old daughter lived with us for 7 months in 2016 as a dependent and got married. Can I not claim her for this tax year?

should she not file married jointly with her husband for the last part of the year after her wedding?

If she is not under 24 (meaning 23 or less) as of December 31, then she is not your dependent under the "qualifying child" rules, even if she was under 24 for part of the year.  And she can't be a qualifying relative if her own taxable income is more than $4050.

If she is married as of December 31 she has to file using one of the married tax status (married filing jointly or married filing separately).  Tax-wise, there's no such thing as being married for part of the year or being a dependent for part of the year. 

And if she files jointly (which is usually the most favorable status) that bars you from claiming her anyway.  That decision controls the rest.