crystalgomes

My 16 year old daughter started working in October 2016 she continued to attend high school and we supported her would I still be able to claim her on my taxes

she still lives with us.  Part time work.  earned about 2200 for the 2016 tax year

ChristinaS

Yes, you can claim your daughter- she is still a child and she couldn't possibly be providing her own support with just $2200.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/who-can-i-claim-as-a-dependent

For your benefit, I just recommend that you go through the interview above.

You may want to have your daughter file her own tax return. However, she will indicate in the Personal Info section of her return that she is being claimed as a dependent on another return. If she had any federal or state taxes withheld, she will get them back. You'll need to create a new account/ username for her return. You can likely prepare her return in the Free version.

ChristinaS

crystalgomes

Thank you
ChristinaS

You're welcome.