My 1099G form is incorrect. I did not receive the ...

cboyd9909

My 1099G form is incorrect. I did not receive the amount listed on it. How do I correct it? Nobody at the department of labor will pick up the phone or return my emails.

I’m not sure if there’s a form online that I can fill out and submit. I’m at a bit of a loss on how to start correcting it. Thank you.
pattif12

To clarify this question, which state are you trying to reach?

cboyd9909

Georgia @pattif12 

SamS1

There were 2 programs issuing unemployment benefits through the states in 2020, your GA state benefits and the PEUC through the Feds.  If you had your benefits direct deposit, you can go back through your deposit account to total how much was received.  Also note the benefit amount received would be reduced by any Federal or State taxes withheld.  You would be able to determine your net benefits received by subtracting any Federal of State taxes from the Total benefits amount on the 1099G.

There also have been cases of identity theft associated with unemployment benefits in 2020.  Click here to review information on this subject from the IRS.gov website.

cboyd9909

Yes, that’s how I figured out that it was wrong. My 1099-G states that I got more then what was actually deposited in my account therefore it’s trying to make me pay taxes on money I never received. How do I correct my 1099-G to ensure I don’t pay taxes on money I didn’t receive? @SamS1 

CarissaM

If your 1099-G contains incorrect information, you will need to contact your state that issued this form so they can correct it and issue you anew one.