jm-southard

Must husband and I had a will completed in 2018 and we now have a revocable trust. Which turbo tax product should I purchase?

I usually purchase Deluxe, but this year I don't know if I need different product or not. We made a will in 2018, and put some property in a trust and we have the trust as the beneficiary for our 401K. Do I need a different turbotax product other than the Deluxe?  

MichaelL1

I assume you have a living Trust set up for by-passing probate upon death.  The Trust really takes over upon death then for both of you, and the ownership right now has no impact on the taxes.

You will file a return just as you have in the past, reporting all the income and taking all the deductions. So if it was Deluxe in the past, start with that again.

Great that you did some Estate planning.