Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mortgage Loan not reducing Net Worth

Bank where my mortgage loan resides won't link online, so I've added it as a mortgage loan offline, but doesn't reduce my net worth like it should. Please advise.

It doesn't show under the Heading of Loans, but when you click on it, shows the "bill" catagory is Loan. I just need it to reflect that I have a debt of my loan to account for. Right now my NEt Worth is way overinflated. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

For tax purposes -See Pub 936 to verify you have a qualified home and secured debt that are allowed. If your interest is deductible to some extent, double check your answers, main or second home, secured by home, etc.

Talking about net worth and bills makes me think you are in the tax forum by mistake.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know exactly what you're talking about and I can't figure it out either. If I have a $1M home, and a $500k loan, my net worth on the Overview Tab should read $500k. 

But, if I have a $1M home and a bill (because my **bleep** loan company won't let me link to Mint) for $500k, my net worth on the Overview Tab reads $1M. 

I've tried setting the bill 'due date' to yesterday, today, 30 years from now, etc. Nothing changes the new worth reading on the Overview tab.

Please help y'all. I can update my mortgage every month, couple of months but it doesn't matter if it doesn't figure into my net worth reading.

OK, found both answers. 

1) Intuit sent me to Turbo Tax via the search page. I am not currently in Mint help. 

2) Go to Add Account, PROPERTY, Cash or Debt, Debt, enter amount, go back and refresh Overview.

Phew. I was losing my mind.

Dbc777

Experiencing same problem. I’ll try your method hope it works

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies