turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mint.com - Log in with Intuit.com after deleting Mint.com account

I used Mint.com many years ago and just recently rediscovered it. Seeing as how everything that Mint.com had in my account is no longer applicable to me, I figured best to start over. I deleted my Mint.com account with the intention of logging in with my Intuit.com account afterwards, however I'm now at a bit of a catch-22, creating a new account says that the email address already exists (it does, since its an Intuit.com email) and suggests that I try logging in. However, trying to log in says that my account has been deleted. What's the best way forward?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if it’s supposed to work this way, but I was able to figure out a way to create a new Mint account using my existing Intuit account after deleting the existing Mint account.

1. Log into TurboTax existing UserID and change my email and User ID.
  2. Make a new Mint.com account using the now vacant original email and User ID.
  3. Change the new Mint.com account to a third email and User ID.
  4. Change original TurboTax account back the original (desired) email and User ID.
  5. Create a new Mint.com account using original email and UserID.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

🤔 Did you try creating a new account using your email as your User ID? 
Try a *new User ID that is not your email. Let us know if that worked!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Creating new account with my email gets a message that the email already exists.

Creating a new account with something else besides email gets a message about that it must be an email address.

If I try to use an old UserID that isn't an email, I get this error: "That doesn't look like your Mint user ID."

GabiU
Level 15

According to this article Can I un-delete an account that I've deleted from my Mint account? , you cannot un-delete an account once you've deleted it from Mint. You'll have to use a brand new email address to create an account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you choose to re-add the account, you will be able to see your transactions from up to 90 days back.”

That article is referring to deleting an financial type account within Mint, not the Mint account itself. And I don’t want to un-delete my Mint account, I want to create a new one using my Intuit account email. Do any of the tech support guys view this forum? The account creation form remembers that I had an account, therefore my email or something is still listed somewhere in the users database and purging my info from it should allow a new Mint account to be created with my email.

Not sure if it’s supposed to work this way, but I was able to figure out a way to create a new Mint account using my existing Intuit account after deleting the existing Mint account.

1. Log into TurboTax existing UserID and change my email and User ID.
  2. Make a new Mint.com account using the now vacant original email and User ID.
  3. Change the new Mint.com account to a third email and User ID.
  4. Change original TurboTax account back the original (desired) email and User ID.
  5. Create a new Mint.com account using original email and UserID.
danneu

Thanks, @lightmaster. That definitely works.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies