Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Married filed jointly only one spouse has 1099g

Hi everyone, me and my husband has been  filing tax jointly since 2019. As we trying to file our 2020 tax, we have some problems. 


My husband got a 1099g for unemployment and I dont have it, how do we add his 1099g on turbo tax ?Is there the option to show he is the one who got the 1099g or it doesn't matter since we filed jointly ?


Also I'm a housewife who is gonna file as unemployment in our joint tax return.  But I got a 1099int from bank, how do I add the 1099 int to our joint tax return ? How do I add the 1099int to make irs know its my 1099int ? Or we can just put the 1099int in without specify  the person since we filed jointly ?

2 Replies
Expert Alumni

Married filed jointly only one spouse has 1099g

If you are filing a joint return for 2020 as you have in the past.


You would enter the 1099-g in TurboTax, go to:

1. Personal Income

2. Unemployment,

3. follow the prompts for your husbands 1099-g unemployment.


Enter the 1099-INT at:

1: Personal Income

2. Interest and Dividends

3. follow the prompts for 1099-INT, you will be prompted for the recipient's name, however if filing joint it won't make any difference.



Generally, you must include in taxable income any unemployment compensation from a state government.

  • Box 1 of the 1099-G Form shows your total unemployment compensation payments for the year.
  • Schedule 1 for Form 1040 includes a separate line for unemployment compensation in the income section.
  • The amount from box 1 needs to be included in your income.
  • It is not necessary to attach the 1099-G to your tax return.

The Internal Revenue Service requires most payments of interest income to be reported on tax form 1099-INT by the person or entity that makes the payments. This is most commonly a bank, other financial institution or government agency.  If you receive a 1099-INT, you may not have to pay income tax on the interest it reports, but you may still need to report it on your return.




Returning Member

Married filed jointly only one spouse has 1099g

Thank you so much 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies