turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bajkaj

I'm logged in. Why does it keep taking me back to log in when I click take me to my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

I'm logged in. Why does it keep taking me back to log in when I click take me to my return?

Many times this occurs because an incorrect user id is being used to attempt to login. This is occurring because your browser remembers certain information and as you begin to type your user id it pre-fills the incorrect user id. Please try the steps below to determine if this is what is causing the password reset.

• Go to the Login screen on TurboTax.com and select the I forgot my User ID or password option to sign back  into your account.
  • Once you successfully reset your password and get logged into your account select My Account > Account Settings.
  • Once in account settings select Profile and verify your User ID.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have cleared my browser history multiple times on my computer and continue to be kicked back to sign on screen.   I have changed password many times as well.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Clearing your browser's history will not correct this issue.  Sign out of your account and clear your browser's cache and cookies, then log back in to see if this resolved the issue.  You can also try using a different browser to log into your account.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

what a load of bullcrap this is. It doesnt work even with completly new machine and new browser or mobile app after that. Stop spreading wrong info.

Anyone looking for answer, please dont waste time here as this will not resolve the issue. Move to another site because even support desk wont be able to resolve your issue. Save yourself some misery and effort and dont use Turbotax because software will suddenly stop working and there is nothing anyone can do or rather anyone wants to do

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies