turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Now its asking for and EIN number and i do not have one and it will not accept my SS # as one

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichaelMc

Now its asking for and EIN number and i do not have one and it will not accept my SS # as one

Many small businesses do not require an EIN. If you do not have employees or have not needed to apply for an EIN for banking purposes, don't worry. Skip the EIN field. Do not try to fill in your SSN; that is already in your tax return.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY EIN NUMBERS !!!!!! 

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

It is hard to tell where you are having difficulty and being asked to enter an EIN number, so here is an answer that may be helpful based of seeing similar questions.  If it does not help, please add more details. 

If you had self-employment income from last year, a blank Form 1099-NEC may have been imported in anticipation of you needing to fill it out this year.  

Try using the following steps to delete any unused Form 1099-NEC that you see:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “1099-NEC” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-NEC
  • Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-NEC” link

This will bring you to the summary of all Form 1099-NEC that you have entered.  Click Delete or the trash can icon next to each one.

@jmvanhorsen

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies