Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ltyler44

Why will Turbo Tax not allow me to e-file when I enter a negative number for clergy housing allowance as the help section advises?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Why will Turbo Tax not allow me to e-file when I enter a negative number for clergy housing allowance as the help section advises?

Regular allowance or retirement on a 1099-R?
ltyler44

Retirement.

Are you sure you aren't being blocked from e-filing for another reason? Some forms may not be ready to file yet.

If it is definitely the negative number issue, I will need to have someone look into it. I may be able to test myself but not for a while.

@Scruffy_Curmudgeon

What TurboTax version are you using?

@Opus 17 Thanks for the referral on this.   I may not have seen TurboTax' most recent update on  their write-up or "help" for what appears to be the situation:  @ltyler44 is a retired member of the clergy and receives distribution from his clerical pension, and also has a prior agreement with his church that they continue to authorize a parsonage.

@ltyler44  Please provide the address/url/address bar of the "Help" that you mention
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

@TurboTaxAriP it seems you failed to notice that the OP is using onl;ine Premier. as shown in the post and in the context
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

Well, that’s not always accurate.  

@ltyler44 did this issue get resolved?
If not follow these steps:
TurboTaxOnline
1. Sign into your online account.
2. Locate the Tax Tools on the left hand side of the screen.
3. A Drop down will appear. Click on Share my file with agent.
5. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK, the tax file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
6. Please provide the Token Number that was generated onto a response to this thread.

TurboTaxDesktop

1. Click into your return.
    2. Click Online and select "Send Tax File to Agent".
    3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click on OK, the tax file gets sanitized and transmitted to us.
Please provide the Token Number that was generated onto a response to this thread.
ltyler44

Thank you! @Opus 17 .. and @ltyler44  I'll take a look at your file.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies