turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LST and PA UC on W-2

My spouse's W-2 form has the following abbreviations in Box 14:  "LST-710501" and "PA UC".  Through research, I found that LST stands for Local Services Tax and PA UC stands for PA Unemployment Compensation.

When choosing the tax category in TurboTax, would LST be "Other mandatory state or local tax not on above list", and would PA UC be "PA Unemployment Tax"?  I want to maximize my state and federal deductions, but I don't want to select the wrong category.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

LST and PA UC on W-2

Yes, it will be "Other mandatory state or local tax not on above list", and would PA UC be "PA Unemployment Tax". You can deduct state and local real estate and personal property taxes, if you itemized your deduction, as well as either income taxes or general sales taxes. Keep in mind, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act limits the total state and local tax deduction to $10,000. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

LST and PA UC on W-2

Yes, it will be "Other mandatory state or local tax not on above list", and would PA UC be "PA Unemployment Tax". You can deduct state and local real estate and personal property taxes, if you itemized your deduction, as well as either income taxes or general sales taxes. Keep in mind, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act limits the total state and local tax deduction to $10,000. 

Tabby12

LST and PA UC on W-2

What does the UC stand for. There is no Pa in front of the UC!

PattiF
Expert Alumni

LST and PA UC on W-2

UC stands for Unemployment Compensation. Not all preparers of W-2s add PA in front of UC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies