Please help me fill out the w4. I am a dependent and I feel like none of this applies to me.

I am in college and I am a dependent of my mother. I file taxes to get my refund and I file as single. I recently got a new job and need to fill out the W4 Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate... I have no idea how to fill this out because I am a dependent. Do I just put 0 next to all eight boxes? 

At the bottom of the W-4, mark the Single box and put a zero on Line 5, the other lines don't need to be filled in (except for your name, address, ss# etc.).  That way you'll get a refund at the end of the year, rather than risk owing money.

Don't bother filling in that top portion that has the worksheet, its not needed, just fill out the bottom portion (the actual W-4).

Lisa995 has provided a response within the detail request area above which should assist in resolving your issue. For yours and others convenience that information is reposted below.

" At the bottom of the W-4, mark the Single box and put a zero on Line 5, the other lines don't need to be filled in (except for your name, address, ss# etc.).  That way you'll get a refund at the end of the year, rather than risk owing money.

"