turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

szautner

"Link to QBI Wksht should be linked to an independent copy of QBI worksheet with no other activities linked to it." I have no idea how to proceed. Any ideas how I fix?

Got this message when running final review. Related to Schedule E.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

"Link to QBI Wksht should be linked to an independent copy of QBI worksheet with no other activities linked to it." I have no idea how to proceed. Any ideas how I fix?

Do you dividends that are section 199A? That would link to QBI. You would know if you were in a business or partnership that links to QBI.

You may need to try the rental QBI again:

1. go back to your rental property. Select Edit/Update
  2. See Review screen with Profile, Income, Expenses, etc
  3. Select Done with rental property
  4. Other situations? Continue
  5. Profit / loss so far, Continue
  6. Safe Harbor? answer, continue
  7. Is this QBI? Yes, continue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm running turbotax premier 2020 ...

I have the same symptom for a rental property, your proposed work-around did not help.

I've got no idea what to do now.

Version 2020.r19.040. Build date Mar 1 2021 at 5:16:31 pm

I am having the same problem. In my case, I answered 'no' to the question of 'Is this qualified business income', but the error does not go away. It seems to me the software does not clean up the QBI related stuff even this is not a QBI. I don't know what to do now.

My rental does not qualify as a QBI and I do not qualify for AMT.  I went back to "Rentals and Royalties" (edit), scrolled down to "QBI" at the bottom (edit), deleted the numbers in the AMT and QBI blocks (continue), then I re-entered the number that was in the first block (continue). Problem solved. 

If needed, after reviewing entries, you can switch this response to "Yes" for QBI and review the return again - the error should clear. Then go back and change it back to "No" and the error should still be gone. Please make sure you review the return/forms for accuracy before proceeding after resolving the error. 

**There is oftentimes a disallowed loss present that is triggering the error too so please double check all entries related to this section of the return. 

blwillia

You should check your Passive loss carryover amounts. Especially if you had (or not sure if you had) a QBI last year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies