Like to have 1099-R directly imported from fidelit...

id4fun

Like to have 1099-R directly imported from fidelity investments, instead I have to fill it in manually

My 1099-int and 1099-div are all imported from fidelity investments, why not 1099-R? I'm using TurboTax, it doesn't give me a choice to import the 1099-R data, please help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't see the document after logging in to Fidelity contact them.  do you use the same login for both your regular and retirement accounts? 

SteamTrain

While I'm not sure what they do with their IRA distribution 1099-R forms in regular brokerage accounts, I know that Fidelity does not provide 1099-R imports into the tax software from their NetBenefits retirement account area.  I've always had to enter the data manually, using a copy of the 1099-R in PDF form that I can download separately from that website.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
garystearns

I have been able to import 1099-R from my regular Fidelity brokerage account, but not Netbenefits. I see the PDF for 1099-R under Netbenefits account, but it doesn't show when I log in via TurboTax. Would love to see this fixed!

SteamTrain

@garystearns 

Yeah, I'm sure others would too.

They haven't done so for at least the last 13 years. 

But the Netbenefits Fidelity folks are a different division from their regular Consumer accounts....so whoever is doing their forms creation would have to commit resources to create the specially-formatted import files that are required for integration into all the different tax software companies.  So far, they haven't done so.  Whether they can merge-into the main Consumer login page, or whether they would have to have an entirely separate Logon selection from the TTX end, would be something Fidelity staff would have to work out internally.  But TTX can't force Fidelity to spend the programming time include those Netbenefits1099-R forms in the required importable format.

For now, you'll have to continue to enter those 1099-R forms manually.