Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Like kind exchange - info not transferring

I have finally managed to get to like kind exchange and enter the info on form 8824. But it is not transferring it anywhere into my return. I still have the little red flag by both form 8824 and 4797 and I have filled everything out.   This is after consulting tech support, talking to a turbo tax accountant, and start completely over filling everything out after 3 weeks of working on it.  What now? This is on TurboTax Premier, desktop operating on MacBook Air , OS Ventura 13.2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

You need to enter the new property into your return so it can begin depreciating. If it is a rental house, enter on sch E. If it is a business asset, enter the building there.

If you need help with the basis or have other questions, take a look at another post of mine here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have already done tha. Apparently it is a glitch in their software for Macs and they won't have it fixed until the end of March. So I'm thinking about giving up on Turbotax and gong to a CPA. I need to know ahead of time if I am going to need money for taxes:(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies