Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need another solution for error 567809

There are 3 posted solutions to this error.  The first appears to be the case but why?  The second and third are clearly not the problem.

1. The file may be corrupted:

2. The location you are saving to has either moved, does not exist, or is corrupted:

3. You may not have Read/Write access privileges to the location you are attempting to save to:

I downloaded my Fidelity Investments 1099s and then my spouse's.  At that point, TurboTax unexpectedly shutdown.  I reopened the file and saw that none of the downloaded data was saved.  I was not offered a recovered file.  I repeated the process changing the order of the downloads and saving midway through.  That seemed to work until I tried to save the file and got this error.  I tried a Save As with the same result.  I started over, now for the third time, with the same result.  What do I try next?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

i got the same error on 21 feb.  i had a lot of forms / pages open for manually entering data.  i closed all forms.  i saved to a new location successfully.  then i did a save as back to the prior location, and that worked too.  i closed ttax.  later i will reopen and check for errors.   

related is a lot of crashing / freezing.  this made me alter my habits and do manual saves after every 3 or 4 entries of data.   ttax really needs to upgrade it's platform to do auto saving after every entry.  maybe that's why they want users to move to the online platform vs people like myself who prefer to have the CD for longterm storage / reuse.  

I am having the same issue. imported 1099 from ammeritade and it won't save the file. and shuts down.

this has never happened in previous years

any idea

bob

Bob, I was able to get through to TurboTax help.  The agent asked me to copy the file to a new location and attempt the download again.  I was dubious but did that while she was looking for other potential solutions.  And, it resolved the problem!  I cannot understand why it did but am glad to be able to move forward.

This is now a serious issue for those of us affected, but TurboTax doesn't seem to be doing much in response. I've tried everything suggested in these posts, and nothing works. Come on TurboTax, provide some customer service!

this is unacceptable turbo tax.  We need a solution please take this seriously
user05088

I agree with the previous posts.  This needs to be fixed urgently.
greenhut

I am also affected...

Let’s add to this problem. In addition to this error TT shuts down abnormally very often. I’ve now tried to remember to save after each entry and record the tax due so that I know where I am. Completely unacceptable.
greenhut

This isnt going to help most people, but maybe... My error was occurring on my Windows 10 PC. I installed TT on my Mac (You get both versions if you get the CD), imported the large 1099 on the Mac, and successfully saved on the Mac. So the Mac version doesn't appear to suffer from the bug. Interestingly, post Mac import and save, I moved the file back to my Windows PC and could successfully open and save.
greenhut

Scratch the last part. The Windows version had the 567809 come back. Mac version still fine.
j50croom

No problem importing my large 1099B file. Then the dreaded error that my file cannot be saved. I have imported these large 1099B files for several prior years with no TurboTax problem. What changed for 2018?

John

In order to keep moving ahead on my return, I imported all information EXCEPT the large file of capital gains. I then entered the summary totals of the gains from a printed 1099. At this point, my Schedule D showed correct totals, etc. Now, if TurboTax continues to fail us, I can at least produce a final tax return. There is a procedure to separately send in all the individual transactions to some separate address. All of this is less than ideal, and I don’t plan to use TurboTax next year. A 20 year customer is lost.....

mljohnston22 - Glad you mentioned this solution - I will do the same thing.  Was going to use Tradelog for my 2000+ stock trades which was going to set me back $300+.  Their solution just produces form 8949 that you mail in so no different than your idea without the expense.

It is form 8453 that you send in from turbo tax along with your 8949 that allows you to e-file while sending in the form 8949 detail on paper
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies