Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

asianyccguy
Returning Member

Launching 2023 TT Desktop asked me to sign in to my intuit account again and activate code AGAIN! WHY?

I have been using TT Desktop for so many years. I usually just click on the TT icon to continue working on my tax. This year, I just started preparing my tax last night for the first time. I followed the step how to download the software. I created intuit account and able to download and install the TT Desktop on my laptop. I didn't finish my tax yet. So, I saved it and logged out last night.

Today I wanted to continue working on my tax. When I click the TT icon on my laptop, it asked me to sign in on my intuit account again and ask me to activate the code AGAIN. Why? Do I need to keep doing it every time I need to reopen the TT desktop on the same laptop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Launching 2023 TT Desktop asked me to sign in to my intuit account again and activate code AGAIN! WHY?

Mine did the same thing.

I think you have to sign into your TurboTax Intuit account first, then do the download. Otherwise you end up downloading it twice, and entering that info twice.

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me to activate again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.  One person found to disable his virus scanner and firewall first and then it opened.

asianyccguy
Returning Member

Thank you. 

I called the TT customer service, and she told me that it could be a glitch and asked me to login to my intuit and re-activate the code. She said, it won't use up the activation limit as long as it's on the same computer. It was true. 

asianyccguy
Returning Member

Thank you. 

I called the TT customer service, and she told me that it could be a glitch and asked me to login to my intuit and re-activate the code. She said, it won't use up the activation limit as long as it's on the same computer. It was true. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies