Solved: K-1

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogayers

K-1

I entered the income from a K-1 on the "Enter Box 1 Info" form for 2019.  However, this income and other data does not show up in the Summary of K-1s ( I have 4 of them to report).  I don't understand. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

K-1

@rogayers wrote:

I entered the income from a K-1 on the "Enter Box 1 Info" form for 2019.  However, this income and other data does not show up in the Summary of K-1s ( I have 4 of them to report).  I don't understand. 

The K-1 summary screen typically shows "$0" because the entries from your K-1(s) are distributed to the appropriate schedules and forms on your return.

For example, interest and dividends would appear on Schedule B while capital gains would generally appear on Schedule D.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tagteam
Level 15

K-1

@rogayers wrote:

The K-1 summary screen typically shows "$0" because the entries from your K-1(s) are distributed to the appropriate schedules and forms on your return.

For example, interest and dividends would appear on Schedule B while capital gains would generally appear on Schedule D.

View solution in original post

ssunshine007
Level 3

K-1

I don’t understand any of it either. My friend said she had a friend that works for H&R Block and she would happily do this for me. I gave her all my information That she needed.

tagteam
Level 15

K-1

@ssunshine007 

Ultimately, the program does the work for you; there is no need to be concerned about what is shown in the summary window.

dogara37

K-1

I entered 2 K-1's om Turbo Tax Delux but the amounts are not reflected in the Income Summary

tagteam
Level 15

K-1

@dogara37 Please read the recommended answer.

jago1

K-1

I have a k-1 that has ended.  Where on turbo tax can you do a summary of the cost basis and distributions?

VickieB

K-1

I have a K-1 to enter.  Where do I do this?  What version of TurboTax do I need?

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

K-1

To enter your K-1 information, you need to have Turbo Tax Premier or Self-employed/Home and Business for the software version. To enter in Turbo Tax online:

1. Log into or open Turbo Tax
  2. Go to federal>income and expenses>S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts>sow more
  3. Schedule K-1>start

If in Turbo Tax Software

1. Open Turbo Tax
  2. Go to Federal Taxes>Wages and Income>choose what you work on
  3. Business Items>Schedules K-1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings