Joint 1095-A form for joint health insurance. Filing married filing separate. my AGI is negative however the system is still showing I owe $600 for excess advance. Why?

My wife and I received 1095-A form for joint health insurance. We separated last year and I am filing married filing separate.  my AGI is negative however the system is still showing I owe $600 for excess advance premium tax credit repayment. can you please advise what i need to do.  thanks

If you file separately, you are not allowed any premium tax credits regardless of income.

ok. thanks

can I file single ?  we were separated in May last year and have since filed divorce.  thanks

No, you were not single on 12/31/18.

You can still file Joint if you both agree.