Solved: Jeopardy sent me a 1099-MISC after I won $1000 on the show. But I had to cover flight and hotel for the taping in CA. Can I deduct those expenses from my winnings? How?

Jeopardy sent me a 1099-MISC after I won $1000 on the show. But I had to cover flight and hotel for the taping in CA. Can I deduct those expenses from my winnings? How?

No.

Those expenses might have been deductible as miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to the 2% rule, but that deduction was eliminated in the tax reform act for tax years starting with 2018.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

No.