Jackson Hewitt

anhenry546

Jackson Hewitt

We filed with JH so we could get the advance. The whole thing changed many times, first it was $400 and then after we brought the W2 we would get between $1,000- $3,600. Then once we actually filed we were denied but approved for $500. We went ahead and locked in for the $500 figuring it was better than nothing since I had medical bills to pay the next day. We received the $500 but days later JH contacts my husband saying that our return was denied because my name and SSN didn't match and I remembered I used the wrong name, my legal name is still my maiden name (I forget every year). So technically JH can not file our return until I go back in and clear up the situation and resign everything in my legal name. Is it possible for us to just pay metabank back and then file with TurboTax and save ourself a $500 fee for preparing one w2? Our are we under obligation to file with JH now? It would seem to me that the papers we signed would not be valid sinice they can't do anything without my proper signature.
Krispie77

Jackson Hewitt

Can't find my tax refund from last year 

EbonyL122824

Jackson Hewitt

Follow the instructions in the FAQ below to access prior year returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

You can also get a copy of your return by doing the following;

EbonyL122824

Jackson Hewitt

@anhenry546 Since your return has not been accepted by the IRS when you filed at JH, you are able to file elsewhere. You would need to contact JH in regards to paying back the $500.0