Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It wasn't clear that Premium Service Benefits cost an extra $30 until after I saw the receipt. Is there any way to get a refund on that?

Using "Pay with federal refund" to trick people into Premium Service is pretty shady. There is no pricing until payment. I signed the agreements thinking those were benefits I'd already purchased with TurboTax Premier. Please update this UI.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Amanda01

It wasn't clear that Premium Service Benefits cost an extra $30 until after I saw the receipt. Is there any way to get a refund on that?

Since you have file already you will need to call TurboTax  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

If you have not filed yet, you may remove these benefits, however you will no longer have the free option to pay with your refund, but you can choose to pay with your credit card.

Just changing your method of payment to credit card will not automatically remove Premium Services, you also need to elect to remove Premium Services.

Here’s how to delete Premium Services from your purchase: 

1. Sign in to your return, then click File in the upper right corner.
  2. Click Start next to Step 1 - Review your order.
    • If you don't see this, click Revisit next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees…When you get to your order summary, click Remove at the bottom of the Premium Services benefits section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies