Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jdolivares1231
Returning Member

Will form 8915B be available for efile for the 2019 tax season. This form was supposed to be released March 2018.

Thank you, that is what I saw also. Then I called in to ask if it was going to be available for efile as i know other programs are available to efile, just don't wanna redo all that work...... I was told then that it was giong to be available the 22nd for efiling.  Wish I could get a straight answer.....

Will form 8915B be available for efile for the 2019 tax season. This form was supposed to be released March 2018.

The 8915B will never be able to be e-filed.  It is mail file only. The IRS has not provided e-file specifications or modified the IRS e-file software to allow e-file.   Very few taxpayers can use that form.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jdolivares1231
Returning Member

Not true, tax act has it available to efile and I efile it last year.

So if it will never be able to be e-filed and the IRS has the form on it’s site why am I being prevented from filing? As much as I hate to start over I might have to. It’s irritating getting conflicting answers.
jdolivares1231
Returning Member

I agree. I don’t wanna have to start all over but I keep getting conflicting answers..

TurboTax says in this form list that it will be available on Feb 28 for printing but e-file is not supported.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html...>
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Yes but it said it would be available 2/16 and 2/22 before that

The IRS kept delaying the instructions just released on 2/14.  Takes about 2 weeks after that.

Also, TurboTax has scheduled updates that contain several fixes and form updates.   If they had an update whenever a single form became available desktop users would be spending hours downloading and installing updates every day.   Form updates are scheduled for the next scheduled release and if not ready for that then is put off to the next update.
joe-missy

It was available for efile last year through Turbo Tax, (had to wait until almost March, just like this year)  so what’s the difference this year that it can not be e-filed? Getting too many conflicting answers. Can you? If so I will wait and use Turbo Tax. If you can’t, I will use a different service this year that does allow it!!!! Hate to have to redue taxes but the difference in getting refund in 5-7 days as opposed to 6-8 weeks is huge.
jdolivares1231
Returning Member

I completely agree with you, and the fact that nobody has a straight answer is driving me nuts. Someone said it’s highly unusual for people to need this document not really I’ve been countered quite a few people that needed it. I’m understand what the dang delay is.
jdolivares1231
Returning Member

Encountered not been countered.

I was told by a representative that it should be available around 3/22 for E-filing. It was available last year, so why would it not be available this year? It is frustrating having to wait, though, and not knowing if it will be pushed back again. They also told me I could print and file manually but I have no idea how to do that.

A representative with who Shannon Riley?

The form is available now, but e-fileing is not supported and never will be.
eons123

I'm in the same boat. Shannon Riley - please let us know who this representative was. I would so much prefer to efile. I did efile last year with 8915 so I find it hard to believe it will never be available. Keeping fingers crossed!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies